Over the past year I have seen an incredible amount of films and I have decided to share with you all which ones I have seen in what order. I am going to be doing these in groups of ten, where I will pick my favourite of the bunch and the worst of the bunch. I am also offering just for fun a chance for you all to guess which actor/actress I have seen the most films off.
So without further ramblings here we go 41 – 50:
1. Hobo with a Shotgun A homeless vigilante blows away crooked cops, pedophile Santas, and other scumbags with his trusty pump-action shotgun. A solid salute to the grind house style of films.
2. Zero Theorem A hugely talented but socially isolated computer operator is tasked by Management to prove the Zero Theorem: that the universe ends as nothing, rendering life meaningless. But meaning is what he already craves. Sci-fi film that is filled with Gilliam style.
3. The Equalizer A man believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and has dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when he meets a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can’t stand idly by – he has to help her. Non stop action film that Washington shines through.
4. The Maze Runner Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they’re all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow “runners” for a shot at escape. Continuing the theme of young adult/teenagers saving the world, a builder of a film.
5. Four Feathers A British officer resigns his post just before battle and subsequently receives four white feathers from his friends and fiancee as symbols of what they believe to be his cowardice. A brilliant remake of one man’s redemption.
6. Evil Aliens A TV crew, desperate to boost ratings, arrive on a remote Welsh farming island to investigate an intriguing incident. A local girl and her boyfriend had been abducted by aliens, who also impregnated her. Low budget creature feature.
7. Lozenzo’s Oil A boy develops a disease so rare that nobody is working on a cure, so his father decides to learn all about it and tackle the problem himself. A wonderful inspiring and heartbreaking story.
8. Ouija A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board. A forgettable horror.
9. Inescapable Years after he left Damascus under suspicious circumstances, Adib Abdel Kareem must confront what he left behind when his daughter goes missing. A forgettable action thriller.
10. Mortdecai Juggling angry Russians, the British Mi5, and an international terrorist, debonair art dealer and part time rogue Charlie Mortdecai races to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain a code that leads to lost Nazi gold. This is just terrible dealing with moustache joke after moustache joke.
The Best – The Equalizer
The Worst – Mortdecai
Star leading the way – Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker, still thanks to the Rush Hour Trilogy.