Over the past year I have seen an incredible amount of films and I have decided to share with you all which ones I have seen in what order. I am going to be doing these in groups of ten, where I will pick my favourite of the bunch and the worst of the bunch. I am also offering just for fun a chance for you all to guess which actor/actress I have seen the most films off.
So without further ramblings here we go with 11 – 20:
1. eXistenZ – A game designer on the run from assassins must play her latest virtual reality creation with a marketing trainee to determine if the game has been damaged. This is a seemingly forgotten little gem out there but well worth trying to get back to and watch.
2. Gone Girl With his wife’s disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it’s suspected that he may not be innocent. This film could put everyone ff dating but it is all one of the best twisted filled film on 2014.
3. Into The Woods A witch tasks a childless baker and his wife with procuring magical items from classic fairy tales to reverse the curse put on their family tree. This is one film I really didn’t enjoy at all, mostly because I don’t think James Corden is a good enough lead actor.
4. Dead Snow A ski vacation turns horrific for a group of medical students, as they find themselves confronted by an unimaginable menace: Nazi zombies. Zombie comedy that is a must see for all the horror fans out there.
5. Birdman Illustrated upon the progress of his latest Broadway play, a former popular actor’s struggle to cope with his current life as a wasted actor is shown. This is a film that I still remain unsure whether I liked it or not, I will say how brilliantly shot it is but as for the story I was left wondering.
6. Obsessed A successful asset manager, who has just received a huge promotion, is blissfully happy in his career and in his marriage. But when a temp worker starts stalking him, all the things he’s worked so hard for are placed in jeopardy. A poor man’s Fatal Attraction with Beyonce, really?
7. Big Eyes A drama about the awakening of the painter Margaret Keane, her phenomenal success in the 1950s, and the subsequent legal difficulties she had with her husband, who claimed credit for her works in the 1960s. I think this is one of the most underrated films of 2014, I think Adams should have had Oscar nomination at least and is one that everyone should see.
8. Nightcrawler When Louis Bloom, a driven man desperate for work, muscles into the world of L.A. crime journalism, he blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story. Aiding him in his effort is Nina, a TV-news veteran. I would say this will turn up the most on these lists because it is easily the most re-watchable film from 2014.
9. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, despite what the principal thinks of that. This is one of my favourite 80’s movies even if it is actually older than me.
10. Taken 3 Ex-government operative Bryan Mills is accused of a ruthless murder he never committed or witnessed. As he is tracked and pursued, Mills brings out his particular set of skills to find the true killer and clear his name. This was final part of the series and it really need to be.
The Best – Nightcrawler, all I can say is wow this was a tough choice between these ten.
The Worst – Obsessed yes this was worse than Taken 3.