Trademarks: Blond hair, Blue eyes
Number of Roles: 41
Biggest Films: The Fast And The Furious Franchise
- Hollywood Film Festival ‘Breakthrough Male Performance ‘The Fast and the Furious’.
- MTV Movie Awards 2014 Best On-Screen Duo – Fast & Furious 6.
- MTV Movie Awards 2002 Best On-Screen Team – The Fast and the Furious.
- Teen Choice Awards 2003 Choice Movie Chemistry – ‘2 Fast 2 Furious’ with his car.
Early Career: For the first twenty years of his life Paul spent most of his time in television, he managed to get one season as a regular in ‘Throb’, but guest appearances would carry him through his adolescences. He did end up in two films ‘Tammy and the T-Rex’ (opposite Dennis Richards) and ‘Meet the Deedles’ (opposite Dennis Hopper) which would be the only ones that I hadn’t heard off before getting a chance in a bigger film.
- Eric Travers/Todd Bryant – Highway to Heaven (3 Episodes) (85-86)
- Jeremy Beatty – Throb (23 Episodes) (86-87)
- Russell Davis – Charles in Charge (1 Episode) (90)
- Michael Haynes – Who’s The Boss? (1 Episode) (91)
- Rick – What a Dummy (1 Episode) (91)
- Brandon Collins – The Young and the Restless (1 Episode) (92)
- CBS School break Special (84), (94)
- Jesse Hansen – The Boys Are Back (1 Episode) (94)
- Jonathan – Touch by an Angel (1 Episode) (96)
Career: Solid supporting roles in ‘Pleasantville’, ‘Varsity Blues’, ‘She’s All That’ and a couple of lead roles in ‘The Skulls’ and ‘Roadkill’ made him a big teen star even though he was in his twenties.
Break Out Role: In 2001 Paul got a chance at a more adult role when he was cast in ‘The Fast and the Furious’ opposite Vin Diesel. It was a huge success, it broke him out of the teen star typecast and opened the door to a range of different roles.
Career: After making a quick sequel to ‘Fast and the Furious’ with ‘2 Fast 2 Furious’, Paul went on to make a full range of films. Time travel adventure ‘Timeline’, Christmas film ‘Noel’, under water adventure ‘Into the Blue’, violent actioner ‘Running Scared’ and Disney tearjerker ‘Eight Below’. In 2006 Paul had a supporting part in Clint Eastwood’s ‘Flags of Our Fathers’ with the film getting huge critical acclaim going next to his ‘Letter From Iwo Jima’.
Recent Years: In the late noughties he seemed to do a couple of films that went under my radar ‘The Death and Life of Bobby Z’ and ‘The Lazarus Project’. In 2009 the fans got what they wanted Walker and Diesel returning together in ‘Fast & Furious’, following that up with the crime caper ‘Takers’ before ‘Fast & Furious 5’. The franchise took off to heights no one imagined it could and sequels were ordered. ‘Vehicle 19’ was the biggest flop of his career but it was followed up by his most critically acclaimed performance in ‘Hours’. This was followed by his biggest box office success in ‘Fast & Furious 6’.
We have seen through his career he always went out to make different films and this showed with ‘Hustlers’ and American remake of ‘District 13’ ‘Brick Mansions’. With his career reaching the highest point his life was cut tragically short by a car accident, we will get a final send off when ‘Fast & Furious 7’ comes out in 2015.
Next Big Role: Fast & Furious 7
My Favourite Role: Nolan – Hours. Stunning film about a man trying to keep his new born baby alive on life support while Hurricane Katrina bombards the city, alone in the hospital he can’t sleep as he need to keep recharging the life support ever hour.
My Least Favourite Role: Chris Johnston – Timeline. I struggled to enjoy this film all together everything seemed all over the place.
Films I Want to See That I Haven’t Seen: The Lazarus Project, Meet the Deedles, Tamm and the T-Rex
Stars They Work With Often: Vin Diesel – Fast & Furious Franchise.